Thursday, January 20, 2005

GEPT Training Session

I just got back home from school. I attended the GEPT Training Session that was scheduled by the English Dept. for teachers. The session started on the dot, 9:30 am. The speaker is Taiwanese [forgot his name] but he speaks English quite proficiently, though he used Chinese most of the time. He talked about the GEPT test and focused on some items. At first, I thought, he was giving a lecture on translation. His approach to taking this sort of test is to understand and apply word connotations. I was taught differently. Perhaps, that's what most Taiwanese do during exams, I don't know. Anyway, I was surprised to see two of my students there. I guess, they want to learn some test-taking skills. There's also another session in the afternoon, but I don't think I'd attend that one. I'd rather stay home and updated on my research blog.

/aiden

No comments: