Man Made LanguageSource: Man Made Language (1980) publ. Routledge & Kegan Paul. Just the Introduction reproduced here.
-learn the meaning of the terms 'non-discriminatory language' and 'discriminatory language'
- learn to recognise discriminatory messages
- practise rectifying sentences that are discriminatory
- learn to recognise sexist language
- learn how to avoid sexist language and
- learn how to use pronouns in non-discriminatory ways
Non-Sexist LanguageFrom Purdue University
Language Matters - Guidelines for the Use of Non-Discriminatory Language at UTS